Optima SW GT - problemy

forum użytkowników modelu Optima
Optimagt
model samochodu: Optima SW GT

Re: Optima SW GT - problemy

Post autor: Optimagt »

bidżej pisze:Wipers: try cleaning the windscreen thoroughly, inside and outside, make sure your blades are ok. Stains or scratches on the windscreen and badly working blades can influence the sensors effectiveness. My wipers work almost always on full sensitivity, but properly, never had a problem with them.
Also, make sure you turn them on only when you need to (windscreen already wet) - the system performs a "reference wipe" on start.

Transmission - any further description of your problems? Mine works perfectly, I actually like it better than any DSG from VAG.
Thanks for the advice!
Indeed one of the reason we got the GT and not the 1.7 was the torque converter transmission as we did not wanted the double clutch (hill starts, hill parking, a lot of creeping in the slow traffic,etc). We test drived only the diesel and didn't like the 7 DCT.
Most of the time the trans is smooth, I dont think something mechanically is failed , I just find the software/ shift logic not that responsive.
For example driving on hills, is not always changing down one gear to keep the rpms in the optimum range, than suddenly is shifting making the car to surge forward. Or just hanging in 5th,so I'm changing up manually and finally stays in 6th. The dealer did a reset and re-learning which helped but I guess there is no solution other than a new software update.
Harsh shifts I got from 1 to 2, 3 to 2 and 2 to 1. Higher gears, up or down is smooth .Again, this maybe is normal.

With the wipers I think is just the sensor not that sensible compared to other cars I owned. At me, they are very delayed no matter in which position I turn that thing on the stalk.
At standstill, 99% of the time I turn them on myself, as the windscreen is full of water, yet the sensor is not reacting.
The light sensor too is slow compared with my ex Saab 9-3 ( entering in tunnels mainly). Plus the deaped beam never turns on when the wipers are used.

If yourself have a GT, could you please have a look at two videos. Is your car buzzing the same from the outside and same noise on the inside ?
Is not that easy to describe but I'm sure when the car was new it did not did this sound on the inside. From out, it was kinda noisy since day one. After warm up, the engine is silent at idle.
https://vimeo.com/264609202
https://vimeo.com/264610841 - this link, from min 01.02 you can hear it easily the buzzing/ticking

I've read what happened with one of you , the white sedan Optima. Was it a fuel pump failure that directly , after some time let to a total engine breakdown => engine replaced?
This 2.0 T-GDI was part of a law suit and recall in the US, perhaps still some broken engines got in Europe too.

Thanks guys for the help and adivce.
Awatar użytkownika
bidżej

Post autor: bidżej »

Once again, try cleaning the whole windscreen, this should help. It won't change much in standstill, but should be better when driving. Also, do not put any stickers on the windscreen near the sensor.

The transmission - well, there are some scenarios when it doesn't shift silky smooth, but I guess no car does. I am really happy with mine. After 15kkm it seems to be adapted to my driving style.

Regarding the noise - right at the beginning of the first video it sounds just like my engine, but then... Man, you should call an exorcist :o
It sounds like a loose exhaust cover or thermal isolation, or as you've mentioned, a fuel pump, especially that it seems to be louder in the rear part of the car (however, I don't believe that this might be the direct cause of the that engine's death). Have you contacted KIA Service about that?
KIA Optima SW GT (2017)
+tech +panorama
Optimagt

Post autor: Optimagt »

bidżej pisze:Once again, try cleaning the whole windscreen, this should help. It won't change much in standstill, but should be better when driving. Also, do not put any stickers on the windscreen near the sensor.

The transmission - well, there are some scenarios when it doesn't shift silky smooth, but I guess no car does. I am really happy with mine. After 15kkm it seems to be adapted to my driving style.

Regarding the noise - right at the beginning of the first video it sounds just like my engine, but then... Man, you should call an exorcist :o
It sounds like a loose exhaust cover or thermal isolation, or as you've mentioned, a fuel pump, especially that it seems to be louder in the rear part of the car (however, I don't believe that this might be the direct cause of the that engine's death). Have you contacted KIA Service about that?

Hi,

In the video there was noise from the gravel left on the road from the winter, I hope you don't confuse it.
As I said , the noise I talk about is at around 1:02, as I slowly get up to speed.
When I was with the car around October the service guy did indeed said that he can hear the noise I talk about, but no error code or whatever.
At the end of the month , I'm booked for the first service so another Kia dealer will check the things out. Noise or not, certainly for a new car is not ok not to start from the first time in the winter.
Regarding the smoke, today is around 10 degree and on motorway, while passing (not kickdown) just slight acceleration, still I can see smoke in the rear view mirror.
I'll wait to see what the new dealer will say about the problems.
ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Kia Optima”