Optima SW GT - problemy

forum użytkowników modelu Optima
Optimagt
model samochodu: Optima SW GT

Optima SW GT - problemy

Post autor: Optimagt »

Przepraszam za mój polski, ale zrobiłem wszystko na google translate. Mam nadzieję, że możesz mi pomóc, bo jak czytałem u ciebie w Polsce, jest więcej Optima GT niż w moim kraju. Podczas jazdy występuje hałas klikania / tyka między 1 500 a 2 500 obrotów na minutę; po 2 500 nie można go usłyszeć od hałasu z tyłu. Dźwięk jest mocniejszy w trybie normalnym i sportowym. Nie musi robić nic trudnego z hałasem sportowym pochodzącym z głośników. Ten klikający, tykający dźwięk jest bardzo charakterystyczny i nie było go, gdy kupiłem samochód. Możesz usłyszeć to w filmie, jeśli uważnie słuchasz z niektórymi zestawami słuchawkowymi.
Inne problemy do tej pory w około 9 500 km (dostałem samochód w sierpniu 2017 r.):
-samochód nie startuje 2 razy w zimie od pierwszej próby
-Auto Hold hałas wycofywania się
-drżenie i wibracje podczas zatrzymywania lub uruchamiania
samochodu, od czasu do czasu, niezależnie od tego, czy silnik jest gorący czy zimny
-Auto wycieraczki aktywujące się zbyt późno, niezależnie od ustawień, tak samo jak światła
-kontrola trakcji aktywująca się zbyt późno na śniegu i lodzie w porównaniu do moich poprzednich samochodów VW, Saab - mały spin następnie aktywacja
-siedzenia nagrzewają się bardzo bardzo powoli.
O hałasie silnika, dealership sprawdził samochód i powiedział, że nie ma błędu, więc nie mogą nic zrobić. Ale najwyraźniej jest problem. Mam nadzieję, że możesz mi pomóc, ponieważ planuję zwrócić samochód i odzyskać pieniądze.

Odpowiedzi w języku polskim lub angielskim są bardzo doceniane. Wielkie dzięki.
Link do wideo https://vimeo.com/264117893

PS: Obejrzyj film ostrożnie, korzystając z niektórych zestawów słuchawkowych, a usłyszysz hałas. Samochód był na Acc, przyspieszając na lekkim podjeździe z prędkością około 80 km / h.
devil1234
model samochodu: Optima GT
Venga

Re: Optima SW GT - problemy

Post autor: devil1234 »

Write in English, it will be easier to understand.
Where are you from?
Kia Optima SW GT + TECH - 2017
Kia Venga 1.6 M+Smart - 2018
Optimagt

devil1234 pisze:Write in English, it will be easier to understand.
Where are you from?

Well, thanks a lot. Bought the car in Sweden.
Basically the biggest issue is a clicking/ticking metalic kind of noise coming from the engine while driving between 1500 and 2500 rpm's.
It's very strange and wasn't doing this when the car was new. I hear it the most when i accelerate slowly in Normal and Sport mode, eg. While starting from the traffic lights.
In ECO, this noise is not that loud, though it doesn't have to do with the Sound Enhancemnt System as I was told first by the dealership. Then, maybe it's not related, but the car didn't start from the first time in winter (did this 2 times) and other times is shaking and vibrating while starting or stopping the engine.
The dealership just did a general troubleshooting and did not find any error code but clearly something is going bad with the car. I thought to write here as I read your forum before I bought my car and I see there are more GT petrol Optima's than in Sweden.
Oh yeah, and it's smoking very much like no car I owned did. In the winter I could see clearly the white smoke in the mirrors. At idle it's kinda ok, though when passing for example, there was a puff of white smoke than you could not see behind the car. The oil is about half on the dipstick. This in around 9 300 km.
Thanks again a lot!
Piotrek
model samochodu: Kia Optima

Post autor: Piotrek »

How much oil consumption can you observe? If you are able to see white cloud of smoke from exhaust I assume it is the highest time to visit your dealership point as Optima in petrol version (no matter GT or not) is not using oil at all. At the begining it is normal that oil level falls a little bit, but than it should stopped. Check that (oil level) on a daily basis as it might turbo charger problem or even broken gasket under the head. If you ignore that it might be a top of the iceberg of problems.

Winter problem with engine not working smoothly just after start was probably ignition loss caused by not enough preassure generated by fuel pump or very poor fuel itself. However, I assume it was pump problem. Have you noticed such behaviour again since that time?
Kia Optima L DOHC 2.0 Pb
Optimagt

Piotrek pisze:How much oil consumption can you observe? If you are able to see white cloud of smoke from exhaust I assume it is the highest time to visit your dealership point as Optima in petrol version (no matter GT or not) is not using oil at all. Check that (oil level) immediately as it might turbo charger problem or even broken gasket under the head. If you ignore that it might be a top of the iceberg of problems.
Hi, thanks so much for trying to help!
I went with different issues in total of 3 or 4 times at the dealer. When I complained about the smoke they said , oh it's normal, it's cold out. But it was smoking even if I drove it and the temp was at 90°. Every single time they just connect their laptop, no error or fault, so they just tell me it's normal and drive it , if the car breaks down just call Kia Assistance.

In January, just to be sure, I took a pic of the dipstick and showded it to the dealer. They said the level is ok, keep driving. So I let it be. Please, check the link out with the pic.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/160959617 ... ed-public/

So many other issues that you'll get bored to read.
I was curious if other owners have any type of metalic, clicking, ticking noise/ or I get some info from you guys, so I know what to say when I'll visit the dealership at the end of the month, when I'm booked for the first service. Everything I complain about they say no code, it's normal.
Though, I will try to initiate the cancellation of the purchase - can't trust this car anymore , it's not even a damn year old .
Optimagt

Piotrek pisze:How much oil consumption can you observe? If you are able to see white cloud of smoke from exhaust I assume it is the highest time to visit your dealership point as Optima in petrol version (no matter GT or not) is not using oil at all. At the begining it is normal that oil level falls a little bit, but than it should stopped. Check that (oil level) on a daily basis as it might turbo charger problem or even broken gasket under the head. If you ignore that it might be a top of the iceberg of problems.

Winter problem with engine not working smoothly just after start was probably ignition loss caused by not enough preassure generated by fuel pump or very poor fuel itself. However, I assume it was pump problem. Have you noticed such behaviour again since that time?
I'm fueling from the same station every single time, and over here, never heard about bad fuel quality.
Just to be sure , two occasion, car cranked but did not start. Pressed the button again, then fired right up with an idle of almost 2 000 rpm - as I understood this sky high idle is normal with Kia. This happened in February.
Now, last week the car kinda lost rpms, like a misfire , but started with a little bit of shaking . The car was hot and driven that day before , but immediately I felt the start was not usuall.
Piotrek

Oil level on a dipstick is ok as long as it is between min and max marks. It is normal for KIA that once the car is new oil level might fall down from the top to the middle of a scale. However, that process stops after 7000-8000 km. So now what you should put extra care is to make sure it is not still falling down.
Regarding white smoke - if "mechanical masters" don't believe what you say take them on a ride and show the smoke. As I understand you are able to drive in a way which determines smoke creation.
If it is comes about engine sound after start it might be fuel pump -as I said. And it might be a serious issue - I've faced it in my previous car. But what's more important one of the users from this forum had similar issue - it has been solved and failed part replaced by the new one. Howevr after some time his engine broked down again seriously. So don't be nice to the dealership guys, be persistent and demand serious examination of your car, not only digital one don by laptop.
Kia Optima L DOHC 2.0 Pb
Optimagt

Piotrek pisze:Oil level on a dipstick is ok as long as it is between min and max marks. It is normal for KIA that once the car is new oil level might fall down from the top to the middle of a scale. However, that process stops after 7000-8000 km. So now what you should put extra care is to make sure it is not still falling down.
Regarding white smoke - if "mechanical masters" don't believe what you say take them on a ride and show the smoke. As I understand you are able to drive in a way which determines smoke creation.
If it is comes about engine sound after start it might be fuel pump -as I said. And it might be a serious issue - I've faced it in my previous car. But what's more important one of the users from this forum had similar issue - it has been solved and failed part replaced by the new one. Howevr after some time his engine broked down again seriously. So don't be nice to the dealership guys, be persistent and demand serious examination of your car, not only digital one don by laptop.
If you saw the picture, that was done in January, had around 7 500km. Right now I have about 9 500. Will take tomorrow another pic of the level, so maybe you could give me your opinion on that, if is normal consumption or not.
In winter idle smoke , is kinda ok. Is more water from the cold exhaust. But I clearly remember one time, the car was hot and when I was passing , the cloud of smoke behind the car was that big that simply I could not see behind the car. But is hard to proove what happened.

Other issues : Auto Hold disengagement noise, AEB failing not only in snow but also in sunny weather and the ESC is automatically deactivated ( road safety issue here, as the car should not deactivate ESC regardless of the AEB system fault) , Auto wipers working so badly that usually I set them manually , and then the crappy transmission which simply is not design properly for hills, late down and up changes, regardless if in ECO or Normal mode.

Well, I am just very angry and disappointed because problems are kinda normal after 3/4 years, but these many issue in a car under a year old clearly are not. I hope I just can exchange the car , but first, under the law, I have to give the dealership two chances to repair what I complain about. Troubleshooting are not taken into consideration. Here is the problem, they can just say there is nothing wrong and keep troubleshooting with their crapy laptops and reading fault code that don't exist. Just what they are doing right now
Got the car in August and in September 2017 allready I complained about the noise while driving.

Anyways, thank you for the help so far, and I'm looking forward for your opinion on the oil level pic I'll take tomorrow.
Piotrek

As you have 9500km done there is no need to make a new picture as you will have periodic review of your car in 500km (in Poland GT version should has review and oil change every 10k km). Once done check how much oil has been given to your car and than check the level after 1000-2000km - you should not observe any decrease of oil.
There is a chance also that the white smoke was caused by agressive way of driving, but I assume that rings on the pistons are not in the best condition and didn't manage to take all of the oil from cylinders' liners or turbo charger is not tight enough and the oil burned down was from it.

Regarding transmission - do not complain. You know what you were buying (assume you had testing drive befor you'd made an order). It is classic kinetic transmission with single clutch so it is not "a deamon of a speed". You cannot compare it with DSG, PDK or ZF - it's not that technology.

Auto Hold noise is normal for Optima - usually it stops after some time - there is separate topic on this forum about that.

AEB issue which switches down ESC is not normal and must be reported. We've noticed similar situation among all users here.

Auto wipers are crappy - normal thing when you drive slowly. The faster you go the more effective they are. It's sad but true and nothing cannot be done with that.

I do not know the law in Sweden, but I am sceptic abut car exchange by the dealership or KIA Sweden itself. You haven't got any serious problem with you car so there is no base for the exchange to the new one.

I hope your problems end soon and you will be able to enjoy driving your Optima GT :)
Kia Optima L DOHC 2.0 Pb
Awatar użytkownika
bidżej

Post autor: bidżej »

Wipers: try cleaning the windscreen thoroughly, inside and outside, make sure your blades are ok. Stains or scratches on the windscreen and badly working blades can influence the sensors effectiveness. My wipers work almost always on full sensitivity, but properly, never had a problem with them.
Also, make sure you turn them on only when you need to (windscreen already wet) - the system performs a "reference wipe" on start.

Transmission - any further description of your problems? Mine works perfectly, I actually like it better than any DSG from VAG.
KIA Optima SW GT (2017)
+tech +panorama
ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Kia Optima”